Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have a Very Merry Christmas and Ornament Tutorial

On my last post I shared the Christmas Star ornament I made as present for my hubby a few years ago, you can see it here. I made a snowmen ornament this year and I decided to share how I made it.

I embroidered a snow globe ornament on my embroidery machine. Then to make it double faced I picked a fabric for backing. You need a just small piece so it's great to use your scraps.

I put the two fabrics face together and stitched close to the embroidery. I used a ribbon for hanging my ornament, cut around 14" ribbon and stitched it between the two fabrics. Don't forget to leave a 1,5 " opening for turning and stuffing.

I trimmed the excess fabric leaving around 1/4'' and clipped all the curves. Then I turned inside out and finger pressed and stuffed the ornament. Finally I hand stitched the opening. Here is the back side of the ornament:

I wish you a very Peaceful and Merry Christmas!


8 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm wishing you and your family a happy and safe holiday! It looks like it will be a white one for you!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to make an ornament, just beautiful! Merry Christmas, Zlaty!

ZlataR said...

Very nice decoration for Christmas trees!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Good luck!

Maria said...

Wishing you a wonderful xmas.While you have a White one we have spent ours at the beach.Was beautiful.

Domestic Designer said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for the ornament directions!

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing! Hope your Christmas was wonderful!

Myra said...

Funny thing, I thought I had commented already! Guess it didn't work!
Lovely little project Zlaty! Thanks!
Hope you had a great Christmas! 8-)

Millie said...

Dear Zlaty,
What a great idea to make a homemade ornament...and as always your work is beautiful. Glad to know you had a great Christmas. Wishing you and your family a great new year!!
And also thank you sooooooo much for my great PIF gift. I love the walhanging you made and I think I have a perfect spot in my kitchen. The Snowman panel is very cute too.
Hug,
Millie