Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Asheley" Bag - Done and Show and Tell!

This is "Ashley" bag. I saw this bag at a quilt shop in Pittsburg and really liked it, but they were out of the pattern. So when my LQS ordered the pattern I had to make one.
I had a lot of fun picking the fabrics and playing with the order I sewed them in.

If you are going to the quilt show in Hershey, PA this weekend, you can see my bag at "Happy sewing room" booth. They borrowed the bag as a sample for the pattern.

I helped my friend Eleanor to make this table runner. She was very nice and made it from a fabric that my LQS carry and they took as a sample to the show, too.

I have a giveaway coming soon on my blog, so stay tuned!

11 comments:

Denise :) said...

Zlaty, I love your Ashley bag -- you did a great job, it's beautiful!! :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's a really cute bag! I love the colors you selected.

Maria said...

Love your Ashley bag and your choice of colours was great.
Your friend made a lovely runner too.

CJ said...

Zlaty,
Your friend's tablerunner is very pretty! I♥LOVE♥ your bag!!! That is the cutest thing!:)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

Myra said...

What a wonderful and happy looking bag Zlaty! Nice job! 8-)
Great table topper of Eleanor's!

Millie said...

Zlaty, I LOVE your Ahley bag...the colors are so pretty together. Your friend made a cute table runner. Good luck with your first quilting pattern and kit at the quilt show!

Contented Caroline said...

lovely Zlaty - i just love home-made bags. This one looks like it can hold all your bits and pieces.

Denise L. Gregory said...

Your bag is GORGEOUS!! I'm really into making bags/purses right now too... just learned how to put a zipper in :-) Woohoo!!

I'm going to the Hershey show tomorrow & will try to find your MIL to thank her for special ordering that cute little quilt frame! Do you live close enough to hit the show?

andsewon said...

Love your Ashley Bag! Pat Sloan is there too.
Wish I could come up but not to be this time!
Pretty runner your friend made also.
Lola

Micki said...

I love your Ashley bag! You know I am from PA...Wish that I could go to Hershey with you.
Micki

Domestic Designer said...

I love your bag! You always do such a great job!