Thursday, February 11, 2010

Something New, Something Secret and ...

I love starting new projects! They bring excitement! I just love my newest project called "Cobblestone Lane" by Sherri Falls. It's a BOM and I already have 4 blocks. It's nice because you make 2 at a time. I am showing a regular and on point view, because the blocks will be on point. 






I am showing few pictures of the big blizzard storm we had yesterday. We got about 20" of snow on top of the previous snow. We spend the day indoors and I did some sewing.  Or should I see I stayed inside, my husband decided to go visit his parents and brother last night. I got out and my boots filled with snow and I turned around. He made it there, they leave just across the street but his socks were soaking wet. Today we had to shovel for 2 hours to dig ourself out.


 

This is the view of the snow at my window at 3p.m. We measured 14" and it kept snowing.


That is the view from my window through the frosty glass. 

You can see another sneak preview of the secret project I am working on. 

Happy sewing!

18 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the BOM.... where did you find it?

Contented Caroline said...

Lovely Zlaty - gorgeous accuracy and I love those colours.

Tammy said...

Such pretty blocks Zlaty!!!
WOW! You got a lot more snow than we did here...we only have about 10".
Pretty snow pictures but I guess they are only really pretty if you are inside ;)
Hugs2u!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's amazing how different they look on point. I love them and the fabric is wonderful.

Gorgeous snow! Beautiful to look at but I'm sure it's just brutal to be out in it.

Needled Mom said...

LOVE the Cobblestone Lane blocks!!!!

That is a lot of snow!

Karen said...

Pretty fabrics in the BOM!

Deborah said...

These are beautiful blocks. We spent yesterday shoveling out, too.

Shar said...

Lovely blocks! So pretty on point can't wait to see more! :)

Maria said...

Love the colours of your BOM. They look great on point.

I do like to look at all the snow photos as we do not get any.

Millie said...

Wow Zlaty, but you got a lot of snow...I am getting cold just looking at all the snow. Please stay warm!
Those purple BOM blocks turned out so beautiful...love the fresh purple colors.
Hugs,
Millie

Micki said...

I lvoe your blocks and the snow is so pretty! Stay warm!
Micki

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty blocks!
Enjoy all that beautiful snow!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Zlaty,
I love the blocks...the fabric is beautiful. We had a big storm last week and we're getting another one tomorrow. I've had my fill of the white stuff.
Stay warm,
~Karen~

Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. It looks like you are getting snow just as we are.
Today it has not stopped the entire day and more is coming according to the forcast.
Your quilting is just beautiful. I especially like your snowmen. Come back to visit often.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit! It has been awhile since I've been to yours as well. Unbelievable amounts of snow...can't imagine so much!
Your quilting is wonderful...love the blocks and oh...how fun to see a peek of a secret quilt!

sunny said...

I love the Cobblestone blocks - such pretty colors. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lois Christensen said...

Beautiful! I love the color combination! And we've had tons of snow here as well. Enjoy!

Myra said...

Awesome blocks Zlaty! Love your fabric combo! Very pretty... 8-)
That looks like some storm you had indeed!
Great sneak peek there! I look forward to seeing it all... 8-)
How are those PhDs coming along?
Happy stitchings!