Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy, Productive and Fun!

These are some of the blocks I pieced last weekend. They are part of a surprised project I hope to finish soon.
It was a very busy, productive and fun weekend. We are in a process of moving my frame to a different room. It was lot of work to clear the space and move the furniture around. We cleared the space, now we have to move the frame. I did a lot of cooking as well. Buffalo chicken wings and double baked potatoes were on the menu. Here I blogged about those recipes.

We woke up to this seen on Saturday. My husband did most of the shoveling and I helped a bit too. We got about 8" of snow, that is much better then what our friends in Philadelphia got, about 27''.

This a view from my sewing room window. I am getting better at taking pictures trough the window. I love sunsets! I guess that was the calm after the storm!

Happy sewing!

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Nice photos! I like the colors of the blocks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Contented Caroline said...

Looks good Zlaty - I love surprises - can't wait to see the completed project.

Nancy said...

Hi, thanks for finding my blog.... I'm just 'down the road' from you in Shippensburg.... small world!

Millie said...

Wow, Zlaty... you got a lot of snow. I love the blue new surprise project...will be following you to see the finished quilt!
Hugs,
Millie

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your blocks and the scenery where you live is just gorgeous! The view from your sewing room is just priceless.

Unknown said...

The blocks are great! Looking forward to seeing what it will become. What a lovely sunset!

Myra said...

Wonderful blocks Zlaty! I look forward to seeing what they will create! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Domestic Designer said...

Great pictures! The snow is so pretty. Looks like you have been really productive...good job!

Maria said...

I love your snow photos as it is hot here and it cool me down. LOL

Great block colours too

Tammy said...

I still can't believe we did not get one flake of that snow and we are so close.
Can't wait to see what you are up to with those blocks Zlaty :)
Pretty pics!!
Hugs2u!

Latane Barton said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Naturally I just had to take a look at yours and it's very nice. Great projects going on, fun background. I'll visit again soon.