Friday, January 29, 2010

"Crooked Pine Camp" and "Coffee Quilt"


I just finished this cute paper pieced project called "Crooked Pine Camp" by MH designs. I am happy with my color choices. I wasn't sure what kind of border fabric I will pick and the flowers just spoke to me! The cabin reminds me of the camp where we met with my husband. The two color trees makes the project more interesting.

I realized I didn't show the Christmas present I made for my brother-in-law. He loves coffee and I found the perfect fabric:

"Coffee makes you brilliant. The powers of a mans mind are directly proportioned to the coffee he drinks." - one of the blocks says.

I hope he enjoys it as I enjoyed making it for him.

P.S. I also made Coffee quilt for my friend Millie as PIF present, but I am gonna post all my 3PIF gifts in one post.

Happy sewing!

11 comments:

Pat said...

I love both of the projects you showed in this post. Thanks for sharing them!

Domestic Designer said...

I love both of your projects! I really like that coffee quilt. I am sure your brother-in-law loved it!

Shar said...

OOooooooh I love the Crooked Pine Camp! The colors are perfect! Did you make that just for me??? Just kidding LOL It's beautiful!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love Crooked Pine Camp! The trees are just adorable and your background fabric looks is perfect!

Contented Caroline said...

I'm loving that crooked pine camp - that would make a splended framed picture. Also like the coffee quilt - what a great idea my brother-in-law is obsessed with coffee too!

Tammy said...

Oh! I really like the crooked pine camp, well done Zlaty!
Another adorable coffee quilt too :)
Hugs2u and stay warm!
Yikes! it's cold out there!

Deborah said...

I love those crooked trees!

hapsew said...

I really like your quilts. But I love, love, love your crooked pine camp wall hanging. The colors are wonderful and it looks so warm and inviting.

CJ said...

Zlaty,
I love both projects, but I really LOVE the Crooked Pine Camp one. I love cabins, pine trees and the colors you chose :)
Your quilting is always so inspiring to see. Thanks for sharing!
Hugz,
Cathy ♥♥
PS - Kinda funny that you should mention PIF since I'm working on yours right now...opps! maybe I wasn't suppose to say that!!! LOL!!!! :) Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

I love both wallhangings! You did a great job! I bet your brother-in-law loved his!

Myra said...

Hi Zlaty!
I love your paper pieced "Crooked Pine Camp"! Very cute!
The Coffee wall-quilt is great! Love the fabrics! 8-)
Happy stitchings!