Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pennsylvania Inspired Quilt is Done and I Won Big Time!

Here is the Pennsylvania inspired quilt all done and washed. I did the binding in the car on the way to Florida. I wished I had more quilts to do in the car. I will plan it better next time. The quilt is already in Hawaii as it was a gift for my sister-in-law family.

There are close ups of the quilting as my camera batterie died and I couldn't take more pictures of the finished and washed quilt.

Now.... for the Big Win! I won Karen's giveaway over at her blog
If you have never visited her blog, you should, but I should warn you it's very addicting. Every Tuesday she writes Tool Time Tuesday tutorials where she looks at stuff and uses it in different ways then it's meant to be.

Karen sent me this Huge Box full of goodies to make some of her many Tool Time Tuesday creations.

They are so many goodies in there. One of the first things I want to make is a car sewing caddy, she wrote a tutorial here. Thank you Karen for done all the shopping for me and I just have to make it!

I first found Karen't blog when I was looking how to make a Design Wall. Here you can see the Design wall I made using her tutorials. Karen also has a "Friends on Friday" and she wrote about my design wall on her blog, you can check it here.

There is only one item I am not sure where she used it. If you look at the picture above on the bottom there is something orange that looks like a hanger.... Please Karen help me. :)

She also included two fat quarters...

... and two patterns.
I can't complain, I feel so lucky! Thank you very much Karen!

Happy sewing!

11 comments:

Sue said...

I hope you weren't driving while you were binding!
Love the quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make from all those goodies. So much to play with. Now I'm off to visit Karen's blog, thanks for the tip.

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt. Your SIL will love it.

Congrates on the win too.

Zlaty said...

Thanks Sue,

You are so funny! No, I didn't binded while driving, I did it when my husband was driving! :) I don't like people that drive and talk or text on the phone while driving so wouldn't do it! :)) So funny! :)
Have a nice time at Karen's blog!

Jackie's Stitches said...

We use that orange thing to wind extension cords on and hang them in the garage. We've also used them before to wind on outdoor Christmas lights.

Terry said...

Great goodies you got from Karen! Looks like you'll be busy for a while! :0)

Millie said...

Wow, Zlaty! Congrats on your big win...enjoy!
Your machine quilting is beautiful. It makes the quilt pop!
I also noticed you changed your header picture...love the spring picture.
Hugs,
Millie

Deborah said...

They will love your beautiful quilt! Thanks for the inro to Karen's blog. I wasn't familiar with her.

Deborah said...

They will love your beautiful quilt! Congratulations on your win! Thanks for sharing the info about Karen's blog.

Diane H said...

Hi Zlaty, thanks for stopping by my blog
http://sideroadstitcher.blogspot.com. Lucky you for winning Karen's giveaway, those look like great patterns. See you again!

Micki said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Congrats on the win...it is so great and I am happy for you!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog...so many beautiful pics. Congratulations on the win with the PA inspired quilt! Marlene in PA