Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn Quilted Pillow Sham and more...

I am very excited to use this new comfy pillow! I used panel in the middle and then I added the borders. I only had so much of the pretty leaves print and I added the four patches in the corners. It's still wasn't big enough so I added another border. I did some free motion stippling and the pillow sham was a perfect size to practice on my domestic sewing machine. Good job Baby Lock!

Here is the back of the sham. I used quilted fabric that I had from practicing quilting on my frame.
Here is a view of the pieces of the shams if you would like to make one for yourself. You just stitch all around and turn it inside out! I serged all around the pieces to prevent fraying when washing.

I quilted this quilt for my friend Leisa. She made the quilt for her brother's wedding. Aren't those birds so cute!
I laid the quilt on my bed to take a picture! I think it fits very nice, too bad it's not mine! ;) I do have the same panels and the patterns, so it's on my long list of quilts to make!

She used plain muslin for backing! You can really see the quilting!

Have a great day!

11 comments:

andsewon said...

Love your sham and the quilt you quilted for your friend is lovely!!
Hugs,
Lola

Betty said...

I just love the pillow, so fall. The quilt is so beautiful.

You are the talented one.

Willow

Unknown said...

So beautyfull things you did. Love the pillow
Hugs Gunda

Millie said...

Zlaty,
The pillow is beatiful. You did such a good job with the quilting on your friend's Thimbleberrie quilt. Have a good weekend!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilting is beautiful.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You do such lovely work, the quilt and pillow are both very pretty, Zlaty! Well done.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your quilting looks so good! It looks like you've really gotten comfortable with your frame. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely!!!

Myra said...

Your pillow looks great Zlaty, and your friend's gift quilt is lovely... 8-)

Micki said...

Your quilting is wonderful Zlaty and I do love the pillow.
Micki

jean said...

I just love your pillow! And your quilting is beautiful!