Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trip to MA

I was pretty busy lately, but isn't it everybody! Last week I went with Scot on a business trip to Massachusetts and the colors on nature were amazing driving through New England. More north we went you could see some bare trees, but most of the trees still had their leaves changing colors!

We pass through few states: from Pennsylvania we went through New york and Connecticut to get to Massachusetts. On the way back we hit some really heavy traffic in New York so next time we will go around it!
The beauty of travel is that I get to visit new quilt shops and they are all unique! The First one was right off the high way and very easy to find is called "Emma's Quilt Cupboard". It's a big shop with lots of different lines of fabrics and lots of books and patterns. They have a unique system where they enter your info into a computer and every time you shop you collect points and I think when you spend $150 they send you a gift card. They offer a lot of classes and they had lots of samples in the store. I got some 1930's fabrics and few other fabrics I will show you later. When I got home I received a Thank You card from them! Very thoughtful!

The second quilt shop we stopped at is "Heartbeat Quilts" in Hyannis on a beautiful Cape Cod and they had a lots of original patterns and lots of fabric! Beautiful shop and you can see even outside they have paintings on the walls. They had a lot of samples and think their big thing is that they have lots of kits and original light houses patterns. They have a "stash room" where all the fabric was $4.99 so I got "few yards" :)

I am happy I got to visit my cousin Irina in Cape Cod. We grew up together in the same house. Her husband Rosen took us to the beach and I got some sand for a decoration project for my sewing room :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Zlaty

It sounds like you and your hubby had a wonderful trip.

The trees with their changing leaves in all the pretty fall colors are beautiful.

Millie

tirane93 said...

what lovely scenery - and deligtful to visit with a childhood friend (as well as family member!)