Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter


Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a happy and peaceful Easter. I sure did!
I had an Easter lunch with my family. After that our friends Heather and Chuck stopped by and we played "Boom Blox" on the Wii. We had a lot of fun!




This is a Easter table runner I made for my Mom. I recently just finished the binding. My Mom is in Bulgaria, so I am gonna take to her when we go there to visit her.

These a close up of one of the stars. I used a linen fabric. I like the texture it adds to the table runner.

Aren't these colors pretty? There are the neon food coloring we got for decorations for our Easter cookies.

Here are few of the cookies decorated. I liked to mix the colors and my hubby like more plain ones.


Here are all of them! Can you find the Z-cookie? My hubby made it for me. I made an S-cookies for him and he ate it already. :) I love all the colors and the cookies were melting in your mouth. I used my mom's recipe for easter cookies.

I also made Easter bread. My new mixer was very useful for the job. The more you mix Easter bread the better it gets. I had to modify my mom's recipe for the mixer. My mom makes it by hand. It has a lot of butter and golden raisins. That's why it soo good! Here is the bread rising in the bread pan.


I made 3 loafs from my recipe.


Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Your runner is so pretty! I know your Mom will love it. Your cookies look good...the colors are so vibrant. The bread looks so yummy and so pretty! Sounds like you had a busy, wonderful Easter!

Millie said...

Zlaty, your table runner turned out so good. In the close up picture you can see the lovely star quilting you did. Your mom will just love her present.
Your cookies and bread all look so delicious. Don't we just love the bread machine to do all the hard work for us. You sure look like a professional baker.

Contented Caroline said...

I can smell that bread from here! The table runner is beautiful - I'm sure your mother will love it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Everything around your home looks lovely and delicious, I know you had a wonderful Easter weekend.

Tammy said...

Looks like you had a nice Easter Zlaty. The bread and cookies look delicious. Your Mom will be so proud of you when she sees her gift. Very pretty and the linen is a great idea!
Hugs
Tam