Friday, August 17, 2012

Mermaid Quilt- my challenge quilt


I participated in a challenge my mother-in-law had for fun. Many of you know she owns a Happy Sewing Room - a quilt shop and she had a booth at Hershey quilt show. She though it will be fun to have a challenge between the people that help her at the booth. The prize is that the winner get to pick next years fabric. 





 <--- This is the challenge fabric(the green bubbles). As soon as I saw it I thought of making ocean sean with fishes and  bubbles from the challenge fabric. When I started working on the quilt I came up with the mermaid.

I love all the embellishments I did. Like the green neckless and the little belt. There are some blue stones on the rocks in the sand as well.

Here are the other quilts: 
My Mother-in-law made this cute Owl quilt!


My father-in-law made coasters. He wasn't very inspired by the fabric. 


Here is the winner this year. Trish made this stars quilt and the black really made them pop. 


Everybody did a great job! I had a lot of fun creating my quilt and everybody was close, but Trish won.  Congratulations Trish! 


6 comments:

Denise :) said...

Zlaty, your challenge quilt is awesome!! And I love the owl quilt your MIL did, too!! What fun stuff! :)

Denise :) said...

Hi Zlaty ... just checking in to see how you're doing!! :)

Military Challenge Coins said...

Wow its awesome and mind blowing just keep it up.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I think yours was the best. :) But they are all pretty. Very creative of you to use the bubbles under the sea!

Millie said...

Zlaty, I love your challenge quilt, great idea to use that fabric for bubbles. I like your MIL's owl quilt. Did not know your FIL can sew, can hubby sew too?

Sparky said...

You certainly have lots of heart in your stitching...thank you for being you.