Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Four Quilt Shops on the way to Chicago from PA

I got this two winter fabrics at the first shop "Heirloom Quilting and Antiques " we stopped at.
I was on the way out when I saw the sheep fabric and I had to get half a yard for the quilt I will make for my mom. She and my dad used to have a mini farm with one or two sheep we used to butcher every year.
After that we visited a little quilt shop that I didn't find inspiration fabric, so I was good and didn't buy anything. Next, we visited "The Door Mouse" which is a must see shop in Ohio. They've got lots, lots bolts. I got a lot of Christmas fabrics and I couldn't resist the butterfly fabric :) My husband has a great taste, he picked these fabrics and I will sew the quilt! Pretty!

"Quiltology" is a very modern city shop in Chicago. They have bright colors, lots of Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
I got a neat Blue Santa panel and some fabrics that will go with some of my stash. I wanted to get some of the Amy Butler fabrics, but I felt guilty because I have a few yards in hand and haven't done much with it. I loved the green tissue paper the owner wrapped my purchases, so I took the picture with it.

1 comment:

Millie said...

Hello Zlaty

It sounds like you and DH had a wonderful quilting trip.

You got some really nice fabrics. And DH has good taste in fabric. Have fun getting your fingers into these lovely new winter fabrics.